7/24/14

A LETTER TO MY CHILDREN November 2011

Christmas 2010 Ontario, Canada

 

I wrote this letter to you in back in November 2011 but I just found it again and realized that I did not share it with you so I am posting it now to my blog today, 7-25-14, because you should read it and know how much I love you both and how proud I am of you both.  You are my treasured blessings.

 

Dear Haylie & Coley, I am so grateful to you both for being my children. I am so grateful to God for giving me the privilege of being your mother. I don’t think I tell you often enough how proud I am of you both in different ways.

I just wanted to take a minute to thank you both for being great kids and honouring your dad and me with your love; for being great step-children to Brian and to Karen; for being great parents/step-parents; for being great a great brother and sister to one another; for being great spouses; for being great neighbour, employees and friends.

You my children are my inspiration in life! I watch you climbing your own individual learning ladders of life and marvel. I think to myself how far you’ve come since you were just little toddlers in my life, babes that I held in my arms needing my protection and love. Now you are adults who are parents and step-parents  yourselves. You now understand the sacrifices a parent must make and how heartbreaking it is when your children suffer but how delightfully full your heart is when you see the innocent smiles of success on your children’s faces and those twinkles in their eyes. As a mother I thank God for you because without you I’m sure my choices would have been different. I believe because of you, I chose better each day as we grew together as a family. I would not have held on during the difficult times if I did not have you there to need me. Later, when you became adults living different lives, miles apart, it is now that I can look at you and be inspired by you, be honoured by you, be loved and appreciated by you that I finally get to reap the reward for my years of motherhood.

Now that you are parents and step-parents, there will be tough days that you’ll wonder how you will get through it but when you look at those days, look down at those faces looking up to you calling you Daddy or Mommy/Haylie. Those are the moments that keep you going, God given to make you strong. You will overcome whatever your battles are simply because you have to – you can’t give up. It will all be worth it in the end when one day these children you are raising will show the love, admiration and appreciation to you just as I am feeling from you today.

No comments: